Warehouse and Logistics Coordinator APPLY NOW
- The Warehouse and Logistics Coordinator is accountable the efficient operations of all warehouse activities, for coordination and leadership in shipping and receiving, picking and packing, staging customer orders, garbage control, inventory control, warehouse organization, inventory and all product movement. Manages inventory levels and warehouse organization, integrates technology into all facets of operations, ensures physical counts are reconciled with systems data. Oversees and reports on inventory and shipping/receiving schedules ensuring that product is moving at optimal rates.
- Coordinates and schedules the movement of products (shipping/receiving, storage of both raw and finished products).
- Works as part of a team with production to schedule shipping, confirms availability of items to be shipped by verifying inventory records, production schedules, sales orders and conducting inventories of required items.
- Utilizes SAP, Microsoft Office, Shopify, product scanners to control, schedule, track, process, record, and reports daily on product movement. Operates and maintains a computerized inventory.
- Follows up with shipper, pick/pack and production to ensure that delivery schedules are met and product is moving as planned.
- Analyzes workflow and reports to adjust and improve all aspects of warehouse process, adjusting and improving as business needs change, identifying and recording issues related to process, initiate and recommend solutions.
- Maintains and improves physical condition of the warehouse, annex and containers by reviewing operations, planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting storage areas and shelving, identifying and following up on identified issues.
- Schedules large shipments and plans logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage the shipments. Communicates with delivery companies and personnel. Trouble shoots shipping issues and helps resolve customer complaints.
- Supervises 2-5 staff and assists team members in daily operations to meet productivity goals. (setting priorities, coordinating pto to ensure coverage, monitoring progress and reporting on performance, organize and lead regular warehouse team meetings, etc.).
- This position works in a production and warehousing facility which houses a production line and warehouse equipment (fork lift) operating at the same time. The work requires the use of personal protective equipment/clothing in accordance with health and safety standards and regulations; the strength and stamina to walk, stand, safely lift and carry up to 49lbs. COVID protocols are in place and must be followed.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- This position is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment and ensuring health and safety is a top priority; modeling safe lifting and work practices and reporting any infractions or troublesome situations to the supervisor. Ensures that the warehouse is free of clutter and stock is organized in a safe and organized manner. Understands, models and monitors COVID protocols.
Education and Experience
- Post secondary education (university degree or community college diploma)in a related field, combined with 5 years of directly related experience in progressively responsible positions. We may consider a combination of experience and education should degree or diploma be incomplete)
- proficient in English (reading, speaking, writing and understanding)
- knowledge and aptitude in Spanish is an asset.
- experience in working with warehouse management systems and inventory control software including SAP
- experience in supervising a diverse workforce, including scheduling, training, motivating and reporting on performance.
- experience in preparing production and inventory reports.
- experience in the use of hand-held power tools and in fixing and adjusting equipment or building equipment is an asset
Required Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate level computer skills– in Microsoft office, SAP, Shopify, proficient in entering and retrieving information, organizing and verifying data, tracking information, producing reports.
- Analysis – ability to analyse workflow and identify bottlenecks proposing solutions, ability to analyse reports and printouts adjusting and improving as business needs change
- Supervision – ability to manage, coach and motivate staff, identify performance issues, training needs and report on performance; to lead by example and demonstrate alignment with executive and management.
- Communication – ability to communicate with staff, superiors and peers, receiving and providing direction/information, listening and working together to resolve interconnecting issues and in providing customer service.
- Personal suitability:- self directed, results oriented, resourceful and motivated; strong attention to detail; flexible; dependable and demonstrates integrity and respect. Capable of being entrusted with confidential information.
- Forklift certification is an asset.